Vandals (Maybe Banksy) Gave This Soviet Star A SpongeBob SquarePants Makeover

Submitted by: lalapancakes 4 months ago Funny News & Politics
https://twitter.com/KPVRN/status/796726257895505920

Art is in the eye of the beholder and 70% of the time my eye vies for sociopolitical art. The other 30% I’m looking for evil or absurd shit so whoever graffiti’d Voronezh, Russia’s state building's star to look like SpongeBob SquarePants' friend Patrick, made art that is 100% all right in my book. Voronezh is five hours south of Moscow and boy do I hope it was Banksy.

There are 2 comments:
Male 7,493
Art is communication. The artist is trying to say something, the person experiencing the art may understand what the artist is trying to say, or may get something totally different (which is the beauty of art). Sometimes people get nothing from art. This could be a combination of lousy artist and/or clueless viewer,
0
Reply
Male 3,424
i dont know what my eyes vie for in art. finding art that speaks to me is kind of like watching porn. i dont know exactly what im looking for, but ill know it when i see it.
0
Reply