In a report released this week calling for action to ease up on the rewards for the wealthiest 1 percent, Oxfam discovered that the eight most wealthiest people in the world, all men, has as much money as the poorest half of the world's population. Oxfam wanted to illustrate that laws which benefit the one percent work against the other 99 percent, thus 2016 financial upheaval and Brexit.
According to this Forbes list, here's how the top 8 shakes out...
Bill Gates, Microsoft founder, $75 billion.
Amancio Ortega, the founder of Inditex fashion, $67 billion
Warren Buffett, financier, $60.8 billion
Carlos Slim Helu, Mexican business magnate $50 billion
Jeff Bezos, Amazon, $45.2 billion
Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook $44.6 billion
Larry Ellison, Oracle, $43.6 billion
Michael Bloomberg, Bloomberg LP, $40 billion
You didn't get anywhere near this list.