MonkWarrior

Registered bored user

monkwarrior wrote:
Because he's a down to earth guy who will mingle with the people.
monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 Actually it's the tell-tale sign of a nation about to fall.  Cultural decay with family and moral breakdown is a telltale sign, and has been noted by many historians reporting on the similarities in the fall of nations  (here's one such historian who notes 7 telltale signs of a falling nation).  

Most outsiders of such nations have 20/20 foresight and can see exactly what's happening, but sadly it often takes the nation to fall before the people of those nations finally gain the depressing 20/20 hindsight.  
monkwarrior wrote:
Tired of it yet?  Remember: it just takes 4 simple words!
monkwarrior wrote:
That was pretty cool!

monkwarrior wrote:
Seems kind of lame, and the video editing hid the problem of passing a pickup, so any thing larger than a car seems to be its limit.  Why not just put the effort into coming up with a flying car?
monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 Good.  Now since i neither implied, nor stated he exclusively taught Christianity on the TV show, but that he "promoted and supported Christian values", maybe you can begin to see how pointless it was to come out with your argument?  After all, that quote was 1/2 of the only sentence i used that had to do with Mr Rogers.

When you look closer at the other sentences around it, you might pick up on the sentiment that it is pointing to the poor situation of the education of children today through television compared to when his show aired.  Or perhaps you could see that i was getting at the media's mass-misunderstanding of and active hate towards Christianity, which has grown and picked up many people into its misunderstandings.

Finally, to your misunderstanding about Christianity and judgment, as you said I "should not judge":  Christ actually said "Judge not, lest ye be judged".  How we judge is how we will be judged.  We all judge and there are different forms of judgment.  My original post pointed to the poor state of  the education being taught to children through TV,  because it has proven to be detrimental to the good things like Mr Rogers taught, which hurts us all and leads to debase cultures.  I am fully prepared to be judged for my judgments against this sinfulness, as i reject it because i can see how it is wrong and dangerous.  Instead I teach children and others to love one another and be righteous, not to be wicked and sinful, or rejecting good like today's society teaches is ok to do.  To stand up for what is right.

I should add though, Christ is right, that we should judge not, but even he judged.  So the takeaway is that people who are untrained at it can easily get too carried away and send themselves to ruin.  I've found that by putting Love first you can rightly divide and justly judge.  But learning that type of love can take a long time for some, because it comes from God.  So ultimately for the most part we should judge not lest we be judged.
monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 You don't need to use terms like Christ, Jesus, God, or Christian to teach the message Christ taught.  Also Christianity, as Mr Rogers exemplified, does surpass religion as a concept, as he lived out his faith. You might want to study it a bit more than you have.

So do you care to point out where I've shoved my beliefs as "the one and only"?  FYI You might want to be careful there because you might trap yourself.
monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 So do you admit when you said "Mr. Rogers in no way promoted Christian values" you were wrong?  Also can you point out where you think you were judged, or others are being judged?
monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 Judging is what you wanted to make the conversation about.  Also you seem to be getting confused about what the conversation is.  You specifically argued "Mr. Rogers in no way promoted Christian values on his show or publicly", to my comment.  Then i explained how he did promote the very values of Christianity.  Then you wanted to move the goal posts of your argument, and argue from another angle, talking about labels or boundaries,  then move them again to point out nothing i said was exclusive to Christianity.  After reading your replies I noted and posted that you misunderstand Christianity (exemplified again in your previous post where you said he "did not propagate "Christian Beliefs" per your statement, but rather the broader concept that encompasses all races, religions, creeds, sexuality, classes and age" - if you had understood Christianity better you would know that the Christian faith encompass that too).  Now you're all upset thinking i judged you when i haven't, and want to point out that i am wrong, when your argument fell apart with your first goalpost move, and completely with the second. Again, you seem to want to go to great lengths to deny that what he taught was very heart of Christianity, perhaps you should get to know it a bit better than you presently do?
monkwarrior wrote:
thething911 true religion is love, which is what Mr Rogers was teaching. Without love, Goodness will be much less.
monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 neither am i judging you.
monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 pointing out the fact isn't judging dude.
monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 good advice, you ought to take your own advice sometime.
monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 still holding to your misunderstandings of Christianity?
monkwarrior wrote:
johncourage Greed and abuse of power is a very limited time thing, although i agree it can seem forever from our points of view.  But it will definitely end. laws against greed and the abuse of power can be effective as hate speech laws, which, as we know can be quite effective.  A ceo will be very less greedy if they know that it could land them in hot water, and the effect will trickle down through the chain, better wages would too no doubt!!

monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 so since he taught the deep logic of of the christian faith, but because he didn't 'label' it as such it isn't? If you understood what it is to live the christian faith, you might understand you can teach and share of it by example quite well.  Just like Mr. Rogers did.
monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 Studying it and living it are two different things.
monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 you're shifting the goalposts: first you said your issue was about  labels or boundaries,  but now want to focus on that nothing i just said is exclusive to Christianity.  You seem to want to go to great lengths to deny that what he taught was very heart of Christianity, almost confirming my original post.
monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 who are you to preach what you yourself don't follow?
monkwarrior wrote:
Relax!! 

This is what happens when a nation is in decline!

It's normal!

It happened in Egypt, Rome, and many other places!  So don't fret!

But this time around you have a new tool at your disposal!

It's called the internet, and it's great for organization!

So just remember, when you get sick of it, organize a gathering in continually growing numbers, to gather and do ONLY 1 thing: Chant these 4 words:
  • death
  • to
  • the
  • presidency

The rest is simple - Persist and win!!

Then instill new governance making sure to prevent greed and abuse of power happening like it did, (and hopefully a whole lot more nimble than it is now)!

Then call it a day! have a party!

Then wake up and move on for the betterment of humankind!

So relax, it's really that simple!  

And hey think of it! What an amazing chance to do something great in history, huh?  Can you imagine "they were falling and  organized to save the whole nation - and did!", what an inspiring tale for the future that would be, huh?

But don't wait for too long this is a limited time offer!!  

Free falling nations, like the other nations in history, end in a crash! And the time frame is: sooner or later! 

So don't delay, start today!
monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 well it seems you might not really understand Christianity at all then.  It's about the love that binds all things, and us to one another, and seeking to live out that love.  Almost like that other video, but without the drugs being the focus.
monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 He certainly did promote the values of Christianity, such as the love towards neighbors, among others. He taught it by examples kids could understand, a deep love for others, to forgive and ask for forgiveness, to be righteous, good, and excellent, to be happy.  While he used simple words everyone could understand, they reflect the deep logic of the cross, and Christs atonement. He sang of the love Christ taught every day “Won’t you be my neighbor?” 
monkwarrior wrote:
Too bad someone like him hasn't stood up and said how concerned they are with what they are teaching the children of the country and made a change.  What the tv has been teaching children since the 90s should have every parent concerned.  I suspect if someone stood up to voice those concerns today, you'd have a bunch of enraged individuals frothing at the mouth at them like blathering idiots.  

"Why?" you may ask.  Well because Mr Rogers promoted and supported Christian values in the public media with his demonstration of unconditional love.  But what the TV has taught children since the 90s (who are now adults now) is that it is normal to reject and hate Christianity, and that's why it's likely parents today would be raging like blathering idiots.

It's sad but true what wickedness and sin can do to a nation in such a short time.  Love for neighbors being replaced with a love for money and self.  It's all a part of the western decline that is currently in progress.  There's still time to reverse the trend, but it's doubtful that there are any people like Mr Rogers, who can also stand up and speak what needs to be said in the nation; strong willed and firm but gentle enough to deal with the reaction to it.  In fact, I have not seen that personality in the nation for quite some time now, and if it's there, they've hidden their voice away or been silenced by the western ideal.
monkwarrior wrote:
rumham actually, kal doesn't quickly default to troll like you and some others do. In fact i have yet to see him do so.
monkwarrior wrote:
kalron27 death happens, and so does marijuana-related deaths.